Swivel Plug Disc Globe Valve
Swivel plug disc globe valve – the stem and the disc are not strictly fixed together, the disc are swivel plug type in order to guarantee the complete contact between the disc and seats surfaces to ensure reliable sealing.
Contact Us: email@example.com
Key Specifications / Features
Globe valve is a type of valve used for regulating flow in a pipeline, consisting of a movable plug or disc element and a stationary ring seat in a generally spherical body.
Globe valve is used to stop, start, and regulate the fluid flow. Globe Valves can shut off fluid flows by moving the disc against the flow stream.
The stem and the disc are not strictly fixed together, but the disc can swivel in order to guarantee the complete contact between the disc and seats surfaces. The disc can be plug type, needle type or parabolic type. Globe valves are on/off valves, but sometimes they are utilized in throttling service. In this case the parabolic disc shape is preferable, since the ratio between the stem position and the fluid flow is constant.
Swivel Plug Disc Globe Valve Features:
- Body and bonnet castings are precision machined. One-piece bonnet for better alignment, fewer parts.
- Body and bonnet joint accurately machined to fine surface finish. Fully enclosed gasket
- Rotating stem nut in Austenitic ductile iron Gr. D-2C or Copper
- Stem: The smooth stems are surrounded by packing material to prevent leaking material from the valve.
- Disc: Swivel plug disc to gurantee the complete contact between the disc and seat surface
- Seat: Integral, overlayed with 13Cr, Stellite 6 or as customer request. The seat ring provides a stable, uniform and shut off surface.
- Impact handwheels: Globe and stop check valves require higher closing torques than gate valves with the same seat diameter and pressure class. The impact hardwheel is lower cost compared to gear operated.
Swivel Plug Disc Globe Valve Drawing
Globe Valve Disc Type